Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to set up a SKYPE.com account and cannot enable the HP Truevision webcam on My HP Pavillion Dv7-6163.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

how do I enable hp Truevision?

HP Recommended
My Window 7 has HP True vision but I do not know how to set it up
HP Recommended

Hello ibuitas,

I see that you are trying to start your HP true vision software. I would like to help with your issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I am having trouble how to enable the HP TrueVision webcam? It's a notebook laptop Model: Window 7 Home Premium Pavilion dv6 (HP) Product Key: [Personal Information Removed]

How can you help reactivate this?

HP Recommended

Hello Makamanatu,

I need the full model number or product number for the computer. The number you placed is the product key. Take a look at this link and it should show you how to find it.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

how can i activate my webcam while using skype

HP Recommended

Hello ryinng,

I see that you are trying to activate the webcam on your computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

When you try and use Skype do you get any error messages concerning the camera? Have you tried to use the webcam on any other program?

Signature

HP Recommended

I have been looking this issue up for days, all I have found so far is call tech support, then send in your device, get it back, repeat the process over and over till they get it right.

How can the same issue be so prominent in the same model and not be recalled?

I have always loved my HP products but when I seen over 13 pages in the help forum with the same issue and no answers I have got to say its a bit frustrating.

After you get done messing around with support here is the solution that seems to work. reconect the wires for the camera, the wires are to short and the conector is questionable.

yes that means ripping it apart , finding your conection behind the screen, and putting it back together without breaking anything.

Good luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.