Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15t-w100 P/N- L8R68AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I broke a zif socket on my current i5 board, and would like to take the opportunity to upgrade to an i7 board. I have a support manual that lists many different PN's from different generations of processors...I need to know if my current board is 'ISH' or 'ESH' to narrow down which i7 board would be compatable with my chassis and other parts. I'm thinking either a 5500U or a 6500U, but I need the info about what ESH and ISH is. 

Thanks!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@waferman 

Your machine uses System board part # 811095-601 as shown

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L8R68AV

Which has Intel Core i5-6200U processor (ESH),  iGPU only and with Windows 8.1/10.

Probably you already have its manual. Page 39 says System boards labeled as “ESH” can only be replaced with boards labeled as “ESH”.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@waferman 

Your machine uses System board part # 811095-601 as shown

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L8R68AV

Which has Intel Core i5-6200U processor (ESH),  iGPU only and with Windows 8.1/10.

Probably you already have its manual. Page 39 says System boards labeled as “ESH” can only be replaced with boards labeled as “ESH”.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help in the matter of 'ISH or ESH'. I am still curious as to what i7 motherboards will fit in my chassis; I did find a thread last december when I first started looking into this issue, but I can't find it now. The service manual covers gen 5,6 and 7 processors, but I know that they don't all fit. I think that the i7 board 811096 will fit, the i7 6500U ,  but the performance is very similar to the i5 and I don't think that I would see a boost in performance. 

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

John

HP Recommended

@waferman 

All ESH System boards should fit, that why HP clearly says:  System boards labeled as “ESH” can only be replaced with boards labeled as “ESH”.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.