Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an elitebook 1030 g3 and it's battery takes more than 2 and 1/2 hours to get fully charged from null.

Is it normal or there is an issue with my battery or adapter?Screenshot_20230210_201527.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you actually charging it from "null"?

That is a very bad idea.

Lithium Ion batteries should not be allowed to drop down below 20% in the interests of service life.
You can set the point where it will shut down to protect the battery in the operating system.

If you use the laptop for business and excel or word  are used as part of a productivity suite, I suggest setting up autosave every five minutes. That way if you notebook shuts down, your documents should be safe and archived.

From zero charge to full, that length of time is not such a surprise to me.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thankyou Erico for the suggestions, i am actually aware of it and was just testing how long will it take to recharge from null, i don't do it often.  And i see it takes near 3 hours, given usb c charging don't you think it is too long and there might be any problem with my adapter or the battery?

HP Recommended

Charging from zero charge is something you should do only if you suspect that during a battery test, the storage capacity of 100% is not being calibrated to align with the current maximum storage capacity.

Calibration is supposed to be part of the battery test utility.

From no charge, 2+ hours to 100% is pretty reasonable.

My three year old Spectre x360-13t-ap000 notebook charges up quickly, although it is a different class notebook than yours.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.