Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I would like to know how to enable turbo boost in my laptop...

HP Pavilion 15-E016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graphic)

waiting for your reply...:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Hi YSRK,

I understand you are trying to enable Turbo Boost on your HP Pavilion 15-E016TX Laptop. It is something that is automatically enabled from your BIOS. There is no need to enable it.

Here is a link to Intel on Turbo Boost that might help.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-029908.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I dont mean to piss you off..but i am really interested in steps to follow to increase the clock speed from 2.6Ghz to 3.2GHz...thank for your patience:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

Hi YSRK,

No problem just wanted you to see how it works.

Here is a document on how to change clock speed on CPU. This is not an HP endorsed web site. 

http://www.ehow.com/how_5095400_change-clock-speed-cpu.html

Hope it is what your looking for.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Turbo Boost runs automatically. In other words, the clock speed goes from 2.6 to 3.2GHz on its own. There are no settings you can change because everything is automatic. If you download and install the Turbo Boost monitor, you'll notice that the processor usually runs at 1.2GHz or so during very light usage or when the computer is idle and it will boost itself up to 3.2GHz when you open a program or when you're running a program that requires a lot of CPU power.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.