Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Enternainment PC
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hello,

first timer here.

I have two old HP pavilion Enternainment PC of which either the monitor is broken or the grafic card was down. I can not use them anymore to get access to the content of there hard drives.

I was wondering, is there a connection cable/ port to which I could connect the hard drives and connect them to my current, HP laptop? Via USB cable or something? So I still could access the data saved on the hard drives?

Basically, can internal hard drives be made an external hard drive via a docking station of sorts? One hard drive is an Samsung 250 GB, model: HM250JI

Thank you for any insides to this :generic:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@apprenant

You can buy an IDE to USB and a SATA to USB.

This is the one we use. "SATA"

ConCable.JPG

REO

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I guess I just found my answer in another post, just need confirmation.

Would a SATA to USB cable do the trick? Not sure how to find out if this hard drives are SATA?

Thank you,

HP Recommended

@apprenant

You can buy an IDE to USB and a SATA to USB.

This is the one we use. "SATA"

ConCable.JPG

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.