Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-g207ax
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have got into a trouble where my laptop's keyboard automatically stops working as soon as I hit the WiFi (both from F12 and windows network menu). What I found out was that my keyboard stops working as soon as F12's color change to white (from orange), this change happen because of WiFi turning on and off. (During the boot and upon start/logon screen, the F12 stays white for a moment even if WiFi is off which makes the keyboard non functional at that moment. )
The only workaround I have found is keeping the WiFi turned off which makes the F12 key orange. I want a way to use wifi without turning the F12 key white. Is there a way to do so ?

My keyboard problem in detail - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-stops-working-as-soon...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry misunderstood, but the answer is no because while you might be able to find a way to disconnect the LED, it's the action triggering the LED, not the LED itself, that is disabling the keyboard -- and you confirmed that by disabling the WiFi.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@amosthecoolboy 

The LED color responds to the state of the WiFi -- so there is no way to FORCE it to stay any particular color

If your WiFi is dropping, that is a connection problem, not an LED color problem.

HP Recommended

I am sorry sir but I think you failed to understand what my problem is. My problem isn't with WiFi. It's the keyboard which stops working as soon as the F12 key turns white.

HP Recommended

Sorry misunderstood, but the answer is no because while you might be able to find a way to disconnect the LED, it's the action triggering the LED, not the LED itself, that is disabling the keyboard -- and you confirmed that by disabling the WiFi.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.