cancel
leelasairam Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to make sure that external pendrive gets detected in newly installed windows with new hard disk?

Hp 15 R014TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi
I installed windows 7 in my laptop. Old hard disk is not good. So , it was replaced today. Now when I connect external mouse or pendrive, nothing is detected. Even I have a lan cable to connect to internet. But no drivers. So, I got downloaded drivers into pendrive. But it is also not getting detected. Please help me with a solution at the earliest possible. Thankyou in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18479 18426 1510 2553
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to make sure that external pendrive gets detected in newly installed windows with new hard disk?

@leelasairam

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you need help with getting your external hard drive and flash drives detected on a newly installed OS with a new HDD,

I'll love to help, however, to provide an accurate solution I'll need to know a few more details: 

How was the OS installed on your computer? was it using a retail version of windows from a store/friend? or perhaps the HP supplied recovery media?

The hard drive you've installed is it in any way different from the original hard drive that was supplied by HP? (Apart from the brand of the HDD as that doesn't really matter).

The answers to the above queries will determine my response to assist you in a better way.

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

leelasairam Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou.I requested HP to provide me recovery. Until I get , I chose to use temporary os. I used DVD with Windows 7 ultimate. Now , I am able to connect to internet from that laptop. But , tell me how to make sure that pendrive is detected. For this , can u help me like which driver should I install? Also , in device manager, under other devices, yellow colour exclamation mark is present for 1)Bluetooth,2) USB. Please help me with a solution
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18479 18426 1510 2553
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@leelasairam

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If it's a temporary or a retail version of the OS, I'm afraid HP doesn't support it,

That said, the only other thing I can do for you is, get you this link to troubleshoot USB ports: Click here for the details.

I recommend you wait until you have the HP Supplied recovery media (OS) as that would come with pre-installed USB drivers and software that would help avoid these situations.

To check your order status if you've ordered the media via HP: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation