Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14s-DK0008AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just want to ask how do I overclock my HP 14s-DK0008AX
It is Amd A9 3.1 Ghz and in the hp official website it says can be tuned to 3.6 Ghz. how do you do that. And how can I control my fan speed thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Miawpros 

Overclocking any PC is a risky thing to do, and overclocking a laptop is a really BAD idea!  You have to turn up the voltage, that will generate a LOT more heat, and that risks a thermal crash of the processor.  Which will burn out your PC and turn it into an electric brick.

This violates the HP warranty terms and, as a result, no one here will assist you in this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So even with spec that says my cpu could be overclocked i still cant overclock that?. And btw how do i check my fan speed and control it l. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Miawpros 

You're confusing two very different situations.

The first is whether or not a particular model CPU can be overclocked -- and that is something set by the manufacturer.  Some are "locked" and others are "unlocked" -- and only the second type can be overclocked.  This is what is mean by saying the "spec" of the CPU indicates it can be overclocked.

The second is whether or not you SHOULD overclock a processor in a particular situation.  In a desktop, where you can swap in a much more power CPU fan to keep things cool, or even resort to liquid cooling, and there is more internal space for the heat to dissipate, then overclocking is more commonplace and not so risky.  In a laptop, where you can NOT put in a more powerful fan and you can NOT use liquid cooling, the existing fan is already struggling to keep the processor and system temps down -- and overclocking pushes these into dangerous levels.

HP Recommended

Yeah i think its unlocked because at the old amd software it has option to increase the voltage and clock speed but at the new amd software it doesn"t have the option 

HP Recommended

@Miawpros 

You're entirely missing the point --which I am tired of repeating over and over.

You should NOT be attempting to overclock a laptop. Period.  IF you do this, you risk a thermal crash that can destroy the processor.

I am DONE discussing this-- since you are not heeding my advice.  You are on your own.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.