Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP15-ba053nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP15-ba053nr with a slow hard drive (5200 rpm SATA) and for the music work I'm doing I need a faster HD.  I've purchased an SSD SATA III hard drive, but there is no compartment on my notebook to open up to access the existing hard drive for replacement.  There are 9 screws, which I've removed, but I can't get the plastic back to separate so I can access the HD.  Can someone tell me if there are latches, sealant, or other things that are preventing this, or can you suggest how (and/or where) I should try to separate the cover from the notebook?  Thanks much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gipper17

You have a few hidden screws.

HP 15-ba000 Notebook PC series - FRU Remove/Replace Videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=10862317&MEID=DCF73E2E-B847-414F-A43F-52FCC65135C9

Click on Base enclosure.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Gipper17

You have a few hidden screws.

HP 15-ba000 Notebook PC series - FRU Remove/Replace Videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=10862317&MEID=DCF73E2E-B847-414F-A43F-52FCC65135C9

Click on Base enclosure.

HP Recommended

Wow, that was incredibly helpful and incredibly fast!  Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome @Gipper17

Make sure to save your video link.

You are now trained and certified. :Wink:

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I already saved it.  As for being "trained and certified", we'll all be in trouble if I should start trying to tell others how to solve their (tech) problems.  Glad we've got people like you to help out!  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Your very welcome @Gipper17

Best regards,

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.