Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-2316er Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Sun rays to everybody!

I have a noutbook HP Pavilion g7-2316er and want to upgrade RAM by changing 2x4Gb on 2x8Gb.

Now 2 memory modules are installed - Micron mt8ktf51264hz-1g6e1.

I want to replaсe them on 2 memory modules AMD R538G1601S2S-U DDR3 - 8ГБ 1600.

Will they work on my notebook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Supakot, 

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion G7-2316er Notebook PC you want to know how much you can upgrade memory on your laptop. 

Maximum Supports up to 8 GB of system RAM 
Type DDR3-1600 MHz, PC3-12800. 

You can also check the document (Ref Page 10)

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Supakot, 

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion G7-2316er Notebook PC you want to know how much you can upgrade memory on your laptop. 

Maximum Supports up to 8 GB of system RAM 
Type DDR3-1600 MHz, PC3-12800. 

You can also check the document (Ref Page 10)

I hope this helps. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.