Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought a ProBook 4530s with 4 Gb DDR3 1333Mhz ram and I want to add another one to make 8Gb total.

How do I get it open to add it? I am a 26 yr user and can figure most of them out, but I don't want to break anything trying to get the bottom cover off. There are no obvious screws.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the answer but someone else might be interested:

Remove the battery and then press the battery release latches inward with a bit of force and the back cover pops forward. Its a real nice system they have for maintenance.

One thing to note, I noticed on mine there is a security screw that is used to secure it in place. Mine was not on there and was screwed into a dummy hole. I guess the user has a choice whether to use it or not. You might want to check to see if there is a security screw in place holding the lid on somewhere.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I found the answer but someone else might be interested:

Remove the battery and then press the battery release latches inward with a bit of force and the back cover pops forward. Its a real nice system they have for maintenance.

One thing to note, I noticed on mine there is a security screw that is used to secure it in place. Mine was not on there and was screwed into a dummy hole. I guess the user has a choice whether to use it or not. You might want to check to see if there is a security screw in place holding the lid on somewhere.

HP Recommended

It was very usefull, Thanks for posting!!!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for following up your own post! Most people just say "Nevermind, figured it out," leaving anyone coming after them in the dark....

I appreciate it very much. 🙂

HP Recommended

Great!! Worked like a charm... Thanks :manwink:

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing the info! 🙂 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip and what a great computer. So easy to upgrade and maintain. Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.   I cannot believe that there is not visual instructions with the memory to show this.   I like you have been working with computers for over 26 years and could not figure it out.   And when going online to HP there is not any help.   Finally google found your solution.   

HP please correct this and put come info in with the computer.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

That was a great help & straight to the point!

Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.