Level 17
46,704 40,965 4,446 11,582
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp 15 f337wm memory upgrade

@Os2

Either remove the original module and install a compatible 8 GB module or remove the original module and install two guaranteed compatible 4 GB memory modules.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks for my response by clicking on the blue thumbs up.
0 Kudos
Aliasbilly
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have two 1666 MHz ram modules in mine they are 8 gig and 4 gig with a solid-state drive and the system detects it all. But I did install 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu).  Although I believe your OS will limit you. Only drawback I have seen so far is battery life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pr0t0s
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I  have upgraded to 16GB Crucual without any problems. Went to the crucial compatibility checker and it said 16gb (8X2) was compatible so tried it. Working well with full 16gb useful!

thought it may help others so came back and posted. 

BTW, this latop 15-f337wm is available currently (refurbished) at a steal price of $240 at a few outlets. I replaced the ram and upgraded to an SSD for under 150 for a super performant machine for 1/4th the price of a new with equal specs (i5 intel)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation