Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I use hp BS15 180TX notebook. After I upgraded my ram from 8gb to 16gb, Synaptic touchpad started getting lagging, cursor moves but pc doesn't respond to touchpad clicks but works when used keyword navigation up, down & enter button.

Touchpad works fine when restarted computer but after some it doesn't respond or take long delay to get a click.

I used every windows & driver update, as well as reinstalling it. Even on Linux with dual Boot, touchpad isn't working smoothly, same laggy issue.

Positioning wires & hardware inside might be a most possible solution but I don't know what's actually causing that problem and so should I open it up or not.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

When you upgraded the memory did you use two modules that are identical and guaranteed compatible with your notebook? 

Memory issues can manifest themselves in weird behavior of an OS.

You definitely need to have it opened and have someone who is familiar with laptops to inspect it. 

I would have no idea as to your level of ability to inspect inside the notebook. It is your own choice.

You may have inadvertently disturbed something during your upgrade reassembly. 

Good luck!

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.