Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I want to add an additional sata drive to my Notebook `HP 255 g8`.

In the  Maintenance and Service Guide on page 30/31 I found the description on how to do that.

I need three parts:

1. Hard drive cable L52025-001

2. Hard drive board L52024-001

3. and a bracket to fix the hard drive.

So my Question is, which bracket I have to buy?

In the service guide I couldn't find any part number or any other hint.

Thank you for you help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is one of those cases where a part is shown but not identified with a number. I found the 255 g6 bracket on eBay for like $10 US but it looks subtly different and likely would not fit exactly. If you use an SSD without moving parts you could get by without a bracket. If it were mine I might try the G6 bracket and see if I could not modify it so I could get at least one screw to fasten it in:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255442504747?hash=item3b798f4c2b:g:IjkAAOSw5ediNMh-&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8C...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.