Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp Envy 17t-ce100 power port melted.

HP Recommended
Hp Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp Envy laptop power port melted. Will not accept AC Power prong. Laptop purchased new from Hp online. 6 months old. Purchased 3 year care package.

#1 - what do I do?

#2 - I called Hp authorized techs in my area and was told they may or may not have to get into the mother board & may or may not have to un-solder & re-solder to install new internal piece.

#3 - was told that even though original warranty is still active that is may cost me up to about $200 to fix.

I am currently using my USB-C to power up but device discharges even after overnight charge & even when I leave USB-C plugged in.

I think I have a few issues.

Most importantly - what do I need to know to be a prepared consumer in dealing with repair stores?

Thank you ever so much

4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
2,772 2,738 294 1,193
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Hello
I may not have understood ..
did you call the after-sales service, since under warranty, or just HP partners?

Contact HP

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called HP Support and the guy who answered my phone call told me that the people working in the are of the kind of help I needed are not available after traditional business hours. I then continued to search the HP Support section of the HP website logged in under my account. The best instruction I could find was to contact "the following HP approved service providers in your area" and there were 3 service providers listed from my zip code.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called HP Customer Service 877-232-8009 - 4 minute phone call resulted in telling me to call back at a time my kind of support will be at work.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
2,772 2,738 294 1,193
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sorry i can't tell you much
In France, it's probably different
We can see directly with the seller, for the guarantee!
Otherwise, I advise you to re-read your additional warranty contract, and request coverage under warranty.

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation