Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a laptop but it was barely usable out of the box. Not sure if the HDD was bad or if it was preloaded with too much stuff. Audio was lagging, file explorer would hang on quick access view, overall slow response to clicking, typing pretty much anything. So I decided to install a SSD. Followed the instructions and all of my problems went away. Due to questionable design I had to remove two rubber feet in the process. Now they simply look tampered with and one won't stay on securely. I wanted to buy the replacement part 856796-001 only to find out HP wants $54 before any shipping fees (if any I haven't bothered to check after I saw the price). Seems way too much for four tiny pieces of rubber.

Do you guys know of any other sellers? I mean all of this seems like a bad deal to me. I am even considering returing this laptop. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BD81

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of office for the day, 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

Since the Product was recently purchased as you've mentioned in your first post,

I don't see why there should be a charge to replace the rubber feet, to begin with.

Here's what I recommend, contact HP phone support and let them know that the rubber feet are falling off, they are loose though you've had no accidents with it (as is the reality)

And they should be able to ship them out without any charges as it should be a part of your 1yr factory warranty.

If they ask you to pay, that isn't HP you've called, since the link shared earlier hasn't worked out very well, I'll send you a private message with the direct phone number to your region.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi! @BD81, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you need a replacement rubber feet for your laptop.

You can purchase the part from HP part store.

Use this link to purchase parts from parts store.

Also, you can contact HP directly and check for the replacement part.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am well aware of it but I am not willing to pay $54 for four pieces of rubber. I was asking if anyone knew other sellers who provide replacement parts.

HP Recommended

@BD81

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of office for the day, 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

Since the Product was recently purchased as you've mentioned in your first post,

I don't see why there should be a charge to replace the rubber feet, to begin with.

Here's what I recommend, contact HP phone support and let them know that the rubber feet are falling off, they are loose though you've had no accidents with it (as is the reality)

And they should be able to ship them out without any charges as it should be a part of your 1yr factory warranty.

If they ask you to pay, that isn't HP you've called, since the link shared earlier hasn't worked out very well, I'll send you a private message with the direct phone number to your region.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have to say that was unexpected. From my previous experiences companies will flat out deny any warranty request the moment you tell them you made changes to the product. HP support agent was very helpful. I expected my warranty to be void simply for upgrading my drive but that was not the case.  I believe purchasing extended warranty would be a good value if this is the level of service HP provides. Thanks for your help Riddle_Decipher.

HP Recommended

@BD81, Thanks for your response and time.

I think you should get an extended warranty on your laptop.

It should cover all the hardware issues and also upgrading the parts will not void the warranty.

However, the part might not be covered under HP warranty if it fails.

Hope you have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Don't know if you are still active on the forums or HP, but I am kind of in the same situation. My rubber feet on my HP Envy 360, that I purchased this March (2017), keep falling off and now I am missing one. Who can I contact for a replacement?
HP Recommended

So, 6 months into my ownership of my laptop i started to have the same issue. I contacted HP and they are telling me that for a simple sticker I have to send my laptop in. I don't understand the logic in this having to send my laptop in right before school starts. Not the most comprehensible action at this time. 

HP Recommended
I just chatted with a HP Rep online and they overnighted me two replacement feet with no charge. Just contact HP especially if you are still under warranty.
HP Recommended
Where were you able to contact them? I haven't seen that feature on their website.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.