Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a problem with USB 3.0 Ports on my laptop. None of them seem to work.
 There is a power but nothing I connect to it works.

I have no idea what driver i should use (Texas Instruments Driver is not working) .

Operation System is WIn 7 64bit SP1

Anybody got idea how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again Ravic30.

Try the following driver and let me know if it takes care of the issue for you.  Here is a link.

By the way, I realize this is for a desktop PC but the Hardware IDs match so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you feel I've been helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name.  This gives me Kudos and I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll keep an eye out for your next reply; Have an excellent day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello Ravic30.  I understand you're having some problems with your USB 3.0 ports.

Do you have any issues with the USB 2.0 ports as well or just the USB 3.0 ports?

Have the ports ever worked?

I would like you to make sure that the "Plug and Play" service is running.  Try the following.

1. Click Start, type "services.msc," and press Enter. 
  2. When the list populates locate "Plug and Play."
  3. Right click the service and ensure that it is started.
  4. Again attempt to use the USB 3.0 ports.

If this doesn't work I would uninstall the drivers and allow Windows to reinstall them.  Here are the steps.

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.
  3. Right click on each device listed here and select "Uninstall."  Remove driver only if prompted.
  4. After removing all of the devices reboot the machine and allow Windows to complete the reinstallation.
  5. Try to use a USB 3.0 device again.

Let me know if this helps!  I hope you have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

Didnt help.

As far as I know its HP software driver issue as it does not work witch other versions of windows than home premium .

I will try to check INI file for any issues .

HP Recommended

I'd like you to check your Device Manager for any "Unknown" or "Other" devices.  Try the following.

Did these USB ports ever work properly?  How long have you had the notebook?

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Do you have a section labeled "Other Devices?"  If so, expand it. 
  3. Right click on the devices listed here and select "Properties." 
  4. Navigate to the details tab.
  5. Select "Hardware Ids" from the drop down menu.
  6. Paste what you see in this thread.

I will use this to try and locate the proper drivers.  Let me know if you do not see "Other Devices" or any "Unknown Devices."

HP Recommended
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_18DE103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_18DE103C
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&CC_0C03

I got two unknown devices :
1.System managment Bus
2.Main USB Controller

I got Intel driver but when I tyry to install it says that System does not meet the requiements .
HP Recommended

Hello again Ravic30.

Try the following driver and let me know if it takes care of the issue for you.  Here is a link.

By the way, I realize this is for a desktop PC but the Hardware IDs match so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you feel I've been helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name.  This gives me Kudos and I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll keep an eye out for your next reply; Have an excellent day!

HP Recommended
Thanks a Lot!
That worked perfectly, I've been trying to fix it since I got laptop .
Just wondering why HP does not give that driver on their support/drivers website for that particular laptop .

Clicked 😉 .
Thanks again 😄 .
HP Recommended

Good afternoon Ravic30.

This driver is likely supposed to be part of a larger package such as the chipset drivers.  As to why it wasn't already loaded on the notebook I have no idea.  However, I do have another suggestion for you.  If you ever have this issue in the future you can try running HP Support Assistant.  This will search HP's site and attempt to locate drivers for you.  However, I prefer the Hardware ID method as sometimes you can find the drivers on another product's page (such as in your case).  In any event, it is useful for making sure your notebook is up to date.

I appreciate you marking the post solved.  It'll make it easier for other users to find an answer to their questions.   Make sure to pay the forums a visit in the future if you need assistance.  They are truly a great resource.

Have a most excellent day and weekend!

HP Recommended

I have a brand new HP Envy 14"  Windows 8 and USB 3.0 ports not working. The USB on the other side is working fine... 

HP Recommended

Hello Newbie888,

Your USB ports are not working.

Go to device manager and uninstall the USB ports. Restart the computer.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver for the USBs.

Here is a link to device manager.

It may be a problem with the ports.

Here is a link to a number to call HP and see what options they have to repair the ports.

Let me know how everything goes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.