Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360 m6-convertible m6-aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp Envy x360 m6-convertible m6-aq105dx laptop. It has Intel Core i7-7500U processor. I want to upgrade it by adding a M.2 NVMe SSD. I am considering the following SSD's as an option:

1. Samsung 970 Evo plus

2. Seagate Barracuda 510

3. Adata XPG SX8200 Pro

4. Samsung 980 Pro

Which one of the above is compatible and best suited for my laptop? What is the maximum SSD capacity I can have (250Gb or 500Gb)?

Please review and Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual.

HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible PC (model numbers m6-aq1XX and m6-aq0XX) Maintenance and Service GuideIM...

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types. 

While the manual does not specifically list that NVMe drives are supported, it lists this drive...

256-MB, M2.2280, solid-state drive supporting TLC for use on all computer models   847109-003.

When you google the part number, it comes up as a NVMe drive.

847109-003 - Hewlett-packard (HP) - 256GB SSD Hard Drive (M2 PCIE 3X4SS Nvme tlc MM) | Impact Comput...

I'd go with the plain Samsung 980.

Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 980 250GB Up to 2,900 MB/s PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Driv...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.