Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-AX033DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Guys I was asking does anyone know where I could get a  Hp omen  15 2017 model  motherboard with Intel Core i7-7700HQ ,GTX 1050 Ti  4GB I plan on replacing it to the current hp omen 15 2016 notebook  mobo which has Intel Core i7-6700HQ & GTX 960M 4GB.My  intent is to just upgrade the notebook gpu  which means replacing the motherboard.I assume the laptop motherboard for 2017 hp omen 15 is similar to the hp omen 15 2016 in terms of dimensions.Please inform me on any information regarding this matter.:smileyhappy:

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hi,

Manual: Page 42, 49, 53
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

It is going to be a very very expensive upgrade

Buy a new laptop is my suggestion

When you're replacing motherboard, you've to go for replacement of heat sink, RAM modules, then after all these BIOS tattooing from certified HP service centre.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply .what do you mean by bios tattooing ?secondly I intend to use the current ram stick in my laptop on the newer motherboard they are compatible so no cost there thirdly  does hp have motherboard upgrading services to notebooks?

HP Recommended

Yes you can use current RAM modules.

BIOS tattooing is entering hardware hashes, product info, serial numbers etc into new BIOS chip on board to prevent potential Windows activation issue later on.

Motherboard upgrade is completely chargeable with parts costs extra. You could ask HP in your region to confirm. I'll suggest you don't upgrade but buy new laptop with better specs

HP Recommended

914772-001  This is the part number on the motherboard that you are looking for.  I am also in search of this part.  I have both the 2016 and the 2017 models.  Both motherboards look identical to me.  I can't see why you can't switch them out.   My personal opinion.   I have not however been able to locate one, nor can I find a price on one.  Seems there are none to be had at the moment.  

I wan't to upgrade my 2016 like you to the specs of the 2017.   Guess we have to wait for a certain acution site to have one come up.  

Let me know if you have any luck on your side.

Just a fyi I have had to replace the keyboard on the 2016 model.  When you do that you completly remove the motherboard from the laptop to replace the keyboard.  Every aspect of this is listed in the Maintence manual on HPs website for your model.  So Yes I have seen both of them up close and personal.   

HP Recommended

Hello FlyTazz thanks for your concern in this matter I will definately inform on any information about available motherboards.So you are saying the motherboards for both the 2016 and 2017  model are near identical in terms of dimensions and fitting in the laptop chassis that seems to be good news .I saw in a certain review there is a certain difference in both modelsin the heatsink ,the 2017 model gpu heatsink also cools the vram modules while the 2016 doesnt I hope that doesnt require me to purchase a new heatsink just in case i replace .

Also why did you haveto replace your keyboard ..I would greatly love to come across an RGB keyboard for it or some certain tools addons to make it RGB  if possible .Cheers:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Hello there am looking the omen 15 motherboard part number 914776-001.Any ideas where I may find it .I have read it is a non windows operating system board .cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.