Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hp Pavilion G7

HP Recommended
Pavilion G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

is it possible to swap out the motherboard for something better? so you can use a better cpu/apu and more ram? i got one of these laptops for free for my birthday and the previous owner claimed it was for gaming, a "gaming" pc it had 4gb memory and an Intel core i3-2330m and i was thinking about upgrading it to an i5 of the same generation but now im thinking about more, a better motherboard with more vram and just higher limits, is it possible? id think it would, because almost everything in the PC aside from the monitor, motherboard and everything that goes with it is just the shell/case, but im not much of an expert so thats why im asking here

and if it is possible then are there any mb's (including 3rd party) that support more modern cpu/apu sockets? lets say one that supports atleast 16gb ram and/or a atleast 7th gen i5 or i7? (or ryzen 3 2200u [which i think is a mobile processor, idk]) thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation