Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power 15 cb028nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've bought a Pavilion Power 15 8 months ago. I use this PC mainly for browsing on internet, listening to music with Spotify or working on Microsft Word. The problem is that the battery maximum last 2 hours, with every kind of brightness or energy plan.  I've also did the calibration of the battery using Hp Support Assistant; it tells me that everything's ok. The problem goes on from the first time 'ive turned it on. 

How can i solve this?

Thank you for answering.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I suggest that you take a look at the article I wrote in the notebook knowledge base and invoke the Battery-report to see the state of your battery from the very first time you turned it on.

Powerful notebooks, like the Pavilion Power and Omen notebooks, are notorious for using lots of power and not having particularly long battery usage times.  You really should get about three to four hours using the HP recommended battery power plan, unless you are gaming.

Based on what you stated that you use the notebook for, I suggest you should have looked at a different type of notebook during your purchase decision.  I have in my possession, for the 2018 HP product loan season, a Spectre x360 15-ch000. I was able to use it for most of a flight from Amsterdam to San Diego, California. That was on the order of about eight hours of battery use.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering, Erico. Where can i find you article? 

When i was about to buy this notebook, i've read the hp page about the product (https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c05854407) in which it was written that the battery could last about 14 hours. I know that these values are changeable and they can differ for the brightness level or other of this stuff. I was expected that the Pavilion Power would last at least 7-8 hours based on the way i make use of it,  like i've read on other sites like notebookcheck (https//www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-15-Power-i7-7700HQ-GTX-1050-Laptop-Review.230382.0.html). Should i request a battery change, since the notebook is still on warranty? Or are there any other solution? 

Thank for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.