Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ab208nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have Hp Pavillion 15-ab208nt model laptop. I play games with it.

Sometimes after long presses my laptop's wasd buttons (on different games) keeps repating pressed on their own until i press them again.

This is very annoying problem on games causes make me mistakes. I dont know this is a hardware or software problem. Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @asamet,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with the Touchpad and mouse cursor moves while typing on your HP Pavilion 15-ab208nt Notebook. Here is a link that shows you how to change or adjust the Touchpad delay settings to reduce accidental touches. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the program on your Notebook and it will help with any software and driver updates  that might be needed on your system.

Please let me know how this goes.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as Accept as Solution to help other community members!

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hey @asamet,

Thanks for letting me know the correctlon. Could you make a video of the screen without the screen save maybe on a red screen or just your start screen on the 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi @asamet,

Yes, I would like to see what is happening on a different screen other than the screen you sent.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I took video of my task manager and i my main screen.Sorry for the diffrent language, my system is Turkish version. Hoping it will be a useful information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcr9Q4yfUU 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJQOAe2X2Q

HP Recommended

Hey Asamet,

Thank you for the Video.The processes that are running are the Tiles on the first video. Right click and uninstall them. Too many process could cause your system to stop working. They are bogging down your system. Here is a link that can help. Just start at the top and perform some of these.

Do you have anything connected USB to the Notebook? If yes please remove it.

If this does not help please call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.