Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp envy loose hinge and base loosening and cracking

Envy 15 J140na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my Hp envy about 18 months ago and a few months ago the hinge started getting loose and I noticed that a few screws were missing. This was a few weeks after It had come back for repair for a bios issue and recently I noticed that the actual bottom plastic was starting to crack and eventually the plastic was sticking out and I struggled to push it back in like I usually did. Ive seen that this issue is extremely common with these laptops and most have said in the HP forums that its a design issue. So I don't want to continue using the laptop in case something major gets damaged. Ive seen in other forums that some users have had there laptops replaced but all im wanting is a quick easy fix.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
17490 12904 245 973
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp envy loose hinge and base loosening and cracking

@Yusuf786

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation