Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 convertible

The screen of my monitor got broken and my battery is also dieing in my hp computer (after more than 3 years, warranty is gone after 2).

I decided to get replacement parts, and searched the document: Convertible documentation 

I found some parts, but somehow in the part searcher i couldn't find them by the numbers provided in the above document.

My question is if its possible to upgrade instead of just replacing (e.g. longer working battery... better resolution screen..)
Precise type of the computer: hp envy x360 15-w101-nc (energy star).

The details about my parts from this document above:

Battery: (3-cell, 48-Whr,4.2-Ah Li-ion) - 796356.005 --> Is it possible to replace it with a "better" one?

FHD panel :  807532 - 001  -- > possible to replace it to a 4k monitor?

Motherboard with CPU:  Intel core i7-6500U (ISH - 849139 || ESH-811098) (i don't know anything about this ISH/ESH)

bonus question: is it possible to replace the motherboard to something which can handle 64Gb memory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Kregnach 

My question is if its possible to upgrade instead of just replacing (e.g. longer working battery... better resolution screen..)

Battery: (3-cell, 48-Whr,4.2-Ah Li-ion) - 796356.005 --> Is it possible to replace it with a "better" one? Yes.

FHD panel : 807532 - 001 -- > possible to replace it to a 4k monitor? That is not a viable upgrade. The 4K display has a connector which only will connect to a system board which is delivered with a notebook that already has a 4K display

Motherboard with CPU: Intel core i7-6500U (ISH - 849139 || ESH-811098) (i don't know anything about this ISH/ESH)

bonus question: is it possible to replace the motherboard to something which can handle 64Gb memory? No. Only the mobile workstations, AFAIK, have that sort of installed memory capability.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Kregnach 

Battery: (3-cell, 48-Whr,4.2-Ah Li-ion) - 796356.005 --> Is it possible to replace it with a "better" one? Yes.

FHD panel : 807532 - 001 -- > possible to replace it to a 4k monitor? That is not a viable upgrade. The 4K display has a connector which only will connect to a system board which is delivered with a notebook that already has a 4K display

Motherboard with CPU: Intel core i7-6500U (ISH - 849139 || ESH-811098) (i don't know anything about this ISH/ESH)

bonus question: is it possible to replace the motherboard to something which can handle 64Gb memory? No. Only the mobile workstations, AFAIK, have that sort of installed memory capability.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Wonderful, thank you for your fast answer!

Could you please advise a replacement battery to me? (or a set of them) Unfortunately im not experienced in it enough.

HP Recommended

The link at the line below shows a battery that would be a good choice. I do recommend purchasing a warratnty.

https://www.cpumedics.com/hp-tpn-q147-np03xl-battery-for-hp-envy-x360-15-u011dx-hp-pavilion-x360-13-...

HP Recommended

If i look at the specs of the one you recommended:

SPS-BATT 3C 43WHr 2.83AH LI NP03043XL-PR
Model: NP03XL
Voltage: 11.4V
Capacity: 43Whr
Cell: 3-Cells

Could you please explain why is it better than my previous one,( C = 48Whr, 4.2 Ah, 3-Cell)

Furthermore, i tried searching here for a standard FHD - touchscreen panel, but i couldn't find it, it said: "There are no products listed under this category." Maybe could you find me a proper one to replace my current-broken touchscreen with a new one?

HP Recommended

Better=has factory designed capacity.

Old school notebooks which has batteries that could be easily removed by unlocking them and sliding them off could be bettered with more cells. The only downside would be that the battery would be thicker. An internal battery can't be improved that way. 

@Kregnach 

The first display in this list at Amazon.com in the link below this line is a compatible FHD display replacement for your broken display.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=807532-001&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6eTtBRDdARIsANZWjYZimu3r0tmNrfXaXBZ6AixTz1Hf3NNo...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the amazon link, I will definitely use that! 🙂

But I still don't understand why is that battery better. My original one was also hp provided but its capacity was larger. The one you are proposing has a shorter working time due to the smaller capacity, not? 

HP Recommended

You can indeed purchase and install an HP OEM battery if you like.

another source

https://www.walmart.com/ip/761230-005-HP-Pavilion-x360-13-A110DX-3-Cell-43WHr-2-83AH-LI-NP03043XL-PR...

Better is a relative term in this case because of the physical limitation imposed by the laptop case.

HP Recommended

I have to admit that I still don't understand why do you say that the battery you propose is better. 

My old one: original, arrived with the new computer, so it's from the factory. It's capacity is 48 Whr and it's current output is also larger. Same amount of cells.

So in short, my old battery can work longer compared to the one you proposed. Both are from the factory and both should fit to my laptop. 

So if I get a replacement, I should go with the same type as my old one. 

Did I make any mistake here? What am I missing? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.