Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 14z-fq000 IDS Base Model

Hp laptop 14z fq0000 stopped powering up. It's 2 years old, out of warranty. The power cord works fine its been tested for 20v. The power connector in the laptop was tested also and works fine. And the connection at the motherboard gets 20v as well. I am at a loss and don't know what else to do. I was thinking about just replacing the motherboard and crossing my fingers and if that doesn't work send it back. But I want to get this fixed because I have lots of passwords stored and files as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Gt11204 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing power issues.

Kindly change the power source and see if it powers on.

Please confirm if you are able to perform these steps if the device powers on.

1) Shutdown the computer. 

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 

3) Press F2 once.

Keep me posted.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @treeko thanks for the response and the help.  Unfortunately I cannot power the laptop on at all.  When I plug in my new hp power plug no green light or any light at all is present.  I took the laptop apart and tested the power port for 19v and it gets power, i also tested where the power port plugs onto the motherboard and it also gets 19v.  I took it one step further and tested for power at the connection for the battery and also found 19v.  The battery looks perfect without any damage.  The unit is 2 years old and with no signs of damage.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Gt11204 

Thank you for confirming

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.