4frisby
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp notebook ram recognizing issue

probook 430 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a Hp probook 430 g3 notebook and I want to upgrade my RAM 8gb to 16 gb. It has two slots and supports up to 16gb ram(according to manual). I bought another 8gb ram and plugged it to the second slot and I am able to see that in CPU-Z but neither BIOS nor OS does not see the second stick, when I look at my 8gb ram sticks the one that I bought is running at 1.5V but the one comes with my laptop is running 1.35V. I put the RAM that I bought into different computer(one of the older version of hp proobok) and it works properly so RAM has no problem. I suspect that is related with voltage of RAM  is there something that I can do to make computer sees these two sticks ?

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,697 4,425
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp notebook ram recognizing issue

Hi,

Yes, one of things you've to match is voltage.

1.35V low voltage module is what is listed

This would work:
https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-PC3-12800-KTH-X3CL-8G/dp/B00D74FQ0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UT...

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation