cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chigozirim
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hp probook 640 g1 blackscreen, caplock and numlk blinks 5 times, Fan spinning Fast.

HP Recommended
probook 640 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp Probook 640 g1 just started showing black screen on startup, capslock and numlk blinks 5 times, Fan start spinning Fast,

cd drive indicator starts showing yellow instead of white.

I tried reseating the ram modules ( 4gb x2 ) it didn't work, then removed the cmos battery for 40 seconds or more still didn't work

I had to loose the laptop and insert and reinsert the cpu and clean the BIOS and closed it didn't work,

then I inserted One of the 4gb ram and it started working and stopped showing black screen and was booting normally.

But after A day and half it started giving the same problem.

Please What is the problem? 

I have changed the ram and the same problem still persist, before the laptop can boot properly I have to boot it maybe up to 8times  before it can come on.

Any Ideas of what can be wrong?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation