Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 - 15-ch005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I've recently noticed that the white charging led on my spectre has started staying lit while the laptop is turned off, even when not charging.

Turning the laptop on will turn off the led and make it behave normally, only turning on while charging, however it will light up again within a few seconds of the laptop being shut down or asleep.

Is this something to worry about, or is the light just indicating something normal that im not aware of?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Apologies for the delay but managed to fix the problem.

Seems its just a minor issue when I'm charging my phone via USB-C. For some reason, my phone defaults to trying to charge the laptop when I first plug it in. On top of that, it often takes several seconds for windows to notice the phone was unplugged, when I unplug it, and the charging light remains on for that time. If I sleep the laptop during that time the light will get stuck on until I repeat the process.

So yeah it's just a minor cosmetic issue caused by weird timing in the end. I'll live with it lol.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jim149,

Good day. A warm welcome to the Hp community. I will be glad to help here. Superb description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did this occur after a recent power outage or surge?
  • Did you try charging the computer with a  different charger and check again? 

Let's try these steps:

• Perform a hard reset on the notebook by following instructions from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768
  • Now check if the issue gets resolved. if it continues, then update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers  and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • This should fix the issue. If the issue continues, leave the battery to drain down completely until the computer shuts off. 
  • Then charge the battery fully again and check. This should work for you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Apologies for the delay but managed to fix the problem.

Seems its just a minor issue when I'm charging my phone via USB-C. For some reason, my phone defaults to trying to charge the laptop when I first plug it in. On top of that, it often takes several seconds for windows to notice the phone was unplugged, when I unplug it, and the charging light remains on for that time. If I sleep the laptop during that time the light will get stuck on until I repeat the process.

So yeah it's just a minor cosmetic issue caused by weird timing in the end. I'll live with it lol.

HP Recommended

Hi @Jim149, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for writing back to us.

I'm glad you were able to solve the issue by yourself.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.