Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I have been through the ringer with this laptop. The spectre x360 has been notorious for having a mysterious shutting off problem randomly and without warning. I took the laptop to a reputable repair shop and they discovered it is overheating. They replaced the heat sink and fans, applied new thermal paste and it's still having the some problem, leaving the problem to the motherboard. The laptop is only 3 years old, but I'm assuming that is long enough for it to be out of warrenty. The repair shop said they have had 7 HP spectres's in within the last few months all with the same problem. There needs to be a recall on this model. What is my best course of action? I have read in other threads that HP has fixed other people's computers when they are slightly out of warrenty. I would hope HP would replace the motherboard for free but I doubt it. A new motherboard is going to cost $600 or more. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jgreenlee3 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.