Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
notebook - 15-ay111nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can i use 240 Gb ssd on my pc??? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes but only by replacing the hard drive. There is no "dual drive" capability by way of for example an M.2 SSD slot. 

Service manual

See p. 60 for the image. You would place a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in the place where the hard drive is now. 

https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-SSDNow-Internal-SA400S37-240GIN/dp/B079TH8YZQ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=860...

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes but only by replacing the hard drive. There is no "dual drive" capability by way of for example an M.2 SSD slot. 

Service manual

See p. 60 for the image. You would place a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in the place where the hard drive is now. 

https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-SSDNow-Internal-SA400S37-240GIN/dp/B079TH8YZQ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=860...

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

I want to also use hard disk with ssd.remove dvd drive & replace hard diak on the dvd drive. Support it???     

HP Recommended

Yes that would work. A 2.5 inch SSD can replace the hard drive and then get an optical caddy/adapter to hold the hard drive. It will run a little slower than when in the hard drive slot and cannot be bootable but you are putting Windows on the SSD and using the HDD in the DVD bay just for extra file storage. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks .This is my last qs. I know that 3 size caddy  on the market available .which size caddy perfect  for my pc(Hp notebook-15-ay111nx)??? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.