Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
[edited]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day, interested in the following question: 1. My laptop has a Thunderbolt 3 port, but it doesn't show up in device Manager; 2. I tried to go through the BIOS, but there is no Advanced tab, so I can't see whether the block is worth the connector; 3. I also have an EGPU from ASUS with a Thunderbolt 3 (XG STATION PRO) connection interface. Please answer the questions: 1. How do I connect my EGPU with an external video card if the following comes out when connecting: "the functionality of a USB or Thunderbolt device may be limited"; 2. How do I unlock the Thunderbolt connector in the BIOS and how do I unlock the Advanced menu?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

"My laptop" = what??? Model or product number please. There is no advanced tab in the BIOS. If it is a business model it has Thunderbolt security settings which you might need to adjust but if its a consumer model it will not and adjustments may have to be made in the Thunderbolt app in Windows. 

HP Recommended

OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx [SN removed]

HP Recommended

Not every Omen in that model series has a Thunderbolt port. The meaning of the different icons is explained in the Manual pages 5-7

Manual 

If you do have Thunderbolt you should have the Thunderbolt app in the system try in the lower right corner by the date. May need to click the up arrow. Looks like this when you open it:

Thunderbolt control panel appThunderbolt control panel app

HP Recommended

The laptop definitely has thunderbolt 3, marked as in manual, by lightning. The application is there, but when you connect the EGPU, it issues a system warning about which I wrote above! The screenshot I attachБезымянный.jpg

HP Recommended

I can't access the BIOS emulator. Do you have a security tab? Should have settings for Thunderbolt security if so. Turn all security off if you can. 

HP Recommended

Where should the settings be? In the BIOS or in Windows? In the BIOS, these things are in the Advanced tab, which is exactly what I don't see. How do I access it? You need developer mode or service mode. I am sure that this is where I can remove these restrictions for the Thunderbolt port!? If this is in Windows, then tell me where exactly? Maybe something can be done through the registry!?

HP Recommended

Also tell me where can I download the full set of Thunderbolt 3 drivers for my laptop model? On the official site of hp they are not!

HP Recommended

There are no other drivers. The fact that you have the Thunderbolt app indicates drivers are loaded. What options do you have in the Thunderbolt control app? Mine has view attached devices, approve attached devices, etc. when you right click on the little icon.

There is no advanced menu in the BIOS. What you see is what there is. 

HP Recommended

I attach screenshots of the program, as well as the device Manager, Thunderbolt is not marked here in any way. And yet, the program "Thunderbolt Software", I also downloaded from the Internet, initially it was not in the laptop.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.