Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello . I wanted to replace a thermal paste but I can't unscrew screw from cpu cooling . it stuck and can't move. can anybody help ? 😄 

D24D9946-2316-4E98-A516-9C5A29E36772.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I went to the nearest laptop service and they fixed it . I paid 20 pound . That guy used some tool , was looking like a mini saw . He made a line on the top of screw and then He used a flat screwdriver to unscrew

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you have a broken screw you can uscrew them using rubber band. 😄

HP Recommended

My concern at this point is any method of extraction might stress the board and cause cracks in the traces. If a rubber band does not work you will likley need to tray a screw extractor but you have a good chance of this getting the point of destroying the board. This type of damage is most often caused by using the wrong sized screw driver and not tightening the screw slightly before removing to loosen it up. Hope this works out for you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I will add that whatever method you chose, ensure to thoroughly clean out this unit with compressed air before reassembling as you have introduced a lot of metal filings that might cause shorts.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I went to the nearest laptop service and they fixed it . I paid 20 pound . That guy used some tool , was looking like a mini saw . He made a line on the top of screw and then He used a flat screwdriver to unscrew

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.