Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't upgrade to the latest windows 10. I get error Oxc1900208 error

ProBook 455g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to upgrade windows 10 version 1511 to windows 10 version 1803 I get the following error   oxc1900208.

What do I do to resolve the error?

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
6,322 5,889 202 517
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Are you on the list?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

Otherwise take full backups and make a recovery media, then try a fresh install of W10 using the Microsoft Creator tool.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
9,660 9,441 1,848 3,481
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First try downloading the media creation tool from Microsoft and then run as administrator. Once running accept the terms and then click on "upgrade this PC now". This way the update will be downloaded again (as the one which was trying to install may be corrupt) and install the update.  

Here is the page where you can download the tool (click on download tool now and not on update now)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This is what I would try first since it will update the PC without the need of a clean install.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

0 Kudos
RonB7 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes my computer is on the list.  So, I uninstalled programs that I had added and re-ran the windows 10 update.  

Same failure.  I ran the windows trouble shooter and it says that I need to uninstall the HP drive encryption.  When I try to do that the computer says that I need to disable the HP client security manager.  To do that I need to be the admin.  I will try to set that up and find the client security manager.  Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation