Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-cctu115
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

Recently I've added a m.2 ssd in my noteboob and now I can't access to BIOS because the keyboard is not working during boot.

But after boot is completed and windows login option appear then keyboard worked and alltime worked without the booting time.

Also I'm using a wireless keyboard and its working well alltime and I can access to the BIOS using this wireless keyboard, then why not working the intregated keyboard?

I've tried to remove my wireless keyboard but still not work.

Please anyone hlep me.

Bios Version F.32

Thanks!

Sheikh - [Personal Information Removed]

Sheikh Shofikul Islam
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sheikhshofikul

Thanks for joining Hp Community!

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03738933 for Keyboard Troubleshooting.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

1st Thank you for your reply, but the solution you provided these are already the latest versions I'm using also I've tried to using HP diagnosing tools and tested the keyboard and everything is well.

the main point is keyboard is working well outside of BIOS (by pressing f10). even my wireless keyboard working in BIOS.

but why not working the integrated keyboard when Boot time, why I can't access to BIOS using the integrated keyboard also I cant access in boot menu (by pressing f9)

Thanks again!

Sheikh Shofikul Islam
HP Recommended

@sheikhshofikul

As you have performed the all troubleshooting steps and the issue seems to be F10 key is physically not working.  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi I recommend you to read the details again because I already told that all the key are working well outside of BIOS.

Thanks again!

Sheikh Shofikul Islam
HP Recommended

@sheikhshofikul

If the keyboard test passed and if it is working once you are logged into Windows, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team. I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.