Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp omen notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been recently given a new laptop from a friend that has passed away and i am at odds trying to find out how to upgrade its systems capacity. it says drive C:  only has 58.5 size available. First of all is that correct or there is some partition hidden somewhere given there is not another disc shown in system. I searched online and in a sales point  it says the following specs:

HP OMEN 15-5211NA (N7K66EA#ABU) 15.6-inch Laptop Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6 GHz / 3.6 GHz Turbo Quad Core Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD,etc etc

no matter how hard ai tried in my laptop and opened it in safe mode too i couldnt find any different specs than the ones i mentioned above. it only says capacity of drive C: total 58.5 GB and not the ones i got from the sales point online.

where is that SSD 512GB?

I  'd appreciate your input

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, since that laptop is out of warranty, you wont be able to contact HP Support unless you paid them.

To clarify, the total space of C is 58 GB or the "free space" left is  58 GB?

Screen shots might help us understand your issue a little bit more.

Use Windows Snipping Tool to take shots with.

Then post an image of Disk Management here.

• Type Disk Management in the Search bar (Cortana) and hit the Enter key to bring it up.

Example...

disk management.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi.

Welcome to forum.

Open Hp support assistant and go to the storage section, this is to verify if there are more partitions and if the SSD really has another capacity: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

If you really bring another capacity the ssd to the indicated, you should contact directly with Hp:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If HP Support Assistant does not resolve your issue, you can access available support options based on your product, location, and warranty status. This section describes how to get HP technical support for your device.
   NOTE:
Available for select products in supported countries.
Use the following steps to get HP technical support.
  1. Click Support at the top of the HP Support Assistant window. The HP Support window opens.
    Figure : HP Support window
    HP Support window
  2. Next to Select your location, make sure the location is correct. To change the location, click the location name, then select the correct location from the Location window.
  3. To get support for your computer, click the box that contains your computer.
    To get support for another device, such as a printer, click the box that contains the device name.
    A support resources window opens.
    Figure : Support resources
    Support resources
    • Helpful tips. To view helpful tips, click Helpful tips in the Support resources section. The Messages window opens.
    • Troubleshooting and fixes. To view a list of troubleshooting and fixes, click Troubleshooting and fixes. The Troubleshooting and fixes window opens.
    • HP Support Forums. To connect with HP customers and experts to get more information about the issue, click Visit the HP Support Forums.
    • HP SmartFriend Assistance. To get phone access to trained technicians, click HP SmartFriend Assistance. The HP Services website opens.
         NOTE:
      HP SmartFriend is a subscription-based service available only in the United States and Canada.
    • HP Product Support Center. To open the HP Product Support website for your computer model, click HP Product Support Center. The support website for your computer model opens.
    • Dispute your warranty. To dispute your warranty, click How to Dispute your Warranty.
    • Register an HP Care Pack. To register an HP Care Pack, click Register an HP Care Pack.
  4. To get a local telephone number, operating hours, and other information about technical support, click Get Phone Number in the Contact HP support section.

Reference: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Well, since that laptop is out of warranty, you wont be able to contact HP Support unless you paid them.

To clarify, the total space of C is 58 GB or the "free space" left is  58 GB?

Screen shots might help us understand your issue a little bit more.

Use Windows Snipping Tool to take shots with.

Then post an image of Disk Management here.

• Type Disk Management in the Search bar (Cortana) and hit the Enter key to bring it up.

Example...

disk management.PNG

HP Recommended

Gold Master

Many thanks for your very detailed explanation. I will have a careful look and see how can i use it.

HP Recommended

Photoray

many thanks for your quick reply. I am really grateful. I just opened the Disk management trying to get the screen shot you suggetsed and....found out that 418.34 GB are in an unalocated partition.

Wow.

Now i have to figure out how to allocate it so i can use it. I will do an online search just  now but if you have a minute and you know an easy way to do that plese drop me a line or two.

HP Recommended

Actually i just found  how to do it so all is well and many thanks again for your suggestion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.