cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DUUK
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

I feel electricity through my laptop (Omen 15)

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15t-dc000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Omen 15 laptop is metal, and to the left and right of the trackpad (where I rest my wrists when I type) I can feel current being pushed from presumably the motherboard into my wrists or hands. What is odd is that when I brush my hand lightly across this surface, I feel what appears to be an AC current, similar to what you feel when you stick your finger into a wall outlet, albeit much less painful. Still, this is very noticeable and concerning, and can make my wrists ache when typing or using the trackpad. What should I or can I do about this? This doesn't appear to be a well known issue from the research I have done. Thanks.

Update: I only get this feeling when the laptop is plugged in, which would explain the AC current. Maybe the laptop is not grounding properly?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation