Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion (can't be more specific)

Hi.

I have a "dead" HP Pavilion laptop that I'm trying to resurrect.  I don't know which type of Pavilion it is - there are no clues externally but it does have a "Windows 8" sticker on the bottom of the case.  I need to get some power into it but none of my chargers fit.  The mains adapter is, I think, just under 4mm.  Does this sound like a size that HP might have used?

Thanks for looking.

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your laptop was supplied from the factory with a 65w adapter woth a 4.5mm barrel plug:

65-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, EM, 4.5-mm)
714657-001
65-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, 4.5-mm)
710412-001

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Look inside the battery bay. Maybe post a picture of the laptop and we can likely identify it but no way to give good advice on the info posted here. 

HP Recommended

Hi. That was a great help - I thought all that text in the battery bay related to the battery itself. And yes, I now have the model number: 15-e092sa. I should be able to locate the correct power supply now but all I want really is the size of the DC terminal because there just might be an adapter that will allow me to use my existing supply.  I imagine the voltage will be the same  but the wattage may differ.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Your laptop was supplied from the factory with a 65w adapter woth a 4.5mm barrel plug:

65-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, EM, 4.5-mm)
714657-001
65-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, 4.5-mm)
710412-001

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 
HP Recommended

Thanks again Huffer.  I've ordered a charger.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.