Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a little bit of help I have a hp notebook 15 with windows 10 on it Has an upgraded ram to 8GB and I had the processor upgraded by a family friend. But none of the USB ports work, one works for a wired mouse but other than that they don't work I have updated the drivers but still not working. if you know or figure anything out please let me know. my system info is below 

Model number 15-r011dx
Rev: 2213-100
PCID:09974100002405F00000620180
[Personal Information Removed]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name GAVINANDERSON12
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP 15 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU G9D66UA#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU  N3520  @ 2.16GHz, 2159 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.45, 6/27/2018
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 57.58
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Product 2213
BaseBoard Version 57.58
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
User Name GAVINANDERSON12\Gavin Anderson
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.88 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.88 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.13 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.12 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The USB ports now work after disconnecting the ram and reinstalling it. also disconnected the hard drive started the computer with it out then reinstalled it and it works great. thanks, Huffer for the immediate feedback and ideas 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

You want to run the UEFI hardware diagnostics on the usb ports. Either tap esc then F2 at power on and find the usb port test or download the diagnostics to run from a bootable usb disk. 

HP Recommended

I believe it doesn't have the correct processor do you have the drivers for the processors i have in the system info

HP Recommended

The specs you report including CPU are consistent with official specs reported by HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04272271

No such a thing as a processor driver. The processor is soldered to the motherboard so the family friend is telling you something was done that can't be done. I think your issues with the usb may have been caused by attempted service of the laptop. 

HP Recommended

Do you know of any repairs to fix this ?

HP Recommended

would resetting the device fix this 

HP Recommended

Need to run the UEFI diagnostics. If you get a hardware error on the usb port the only "fix" is to replace the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

i tried to it had no usb test  only a hard drive tester

HP Recommended

Then you do not have the full UEFI diagnostics installed. Site is down right now but I will post the link. Install the app and the diagnostics will have lots more options. 

HP Recommended

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.