Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-dr0005no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System configuration:

Windows 10 Home 64

• Intel® Core ™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
  • 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
  • 256 GB PCIe® NVMe ™ M.2 SSD

i want to add another 500 GB SSD hard disk with 256 GB . Can i add this on my laptop. HP Expert review required please.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DaniyalWaris

As per the Service Guide, you cannot add an extra SSD but you can upgrade the existing one

Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06297488

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@krazyToad

Hi,

Well same written in down. That i can add harddisk and ssd which is combine option. So i.want to know can i do that.?

Best regards

Daniyal waris 

Screenshot_20191016-233107_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

HP Recommended

@DaniyalWaris

You can upgrade the SSD but you cannot add another extra SSD. This Notebook has two M.2 slots. One is already occupied by the existing SSD and the other slot is for the WLan Card

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,@KrazyToad

As per the manual, we can have a combination of hard disk and solid-state. So my question is still that my system has 256 GB M2 pce solid-state and I want to add 1 TB of SATA hard disk. can I do that in my machine.? 

More precisely i would ask you about the information, e.g HP ENVY 17-ce0000no in its specification section following below detail mention.

Internal storage 256 GB PCIe® NVMe ™ M.2 SSD Hard Disk (2nd) 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA

if I want to add a new hard disk, can I do that on my HP ENVY x360 15-dr0005no 

HP Recommended

@DaniyalWaris

You will not be able to add extra hard drives to your Notebook since all the slots are occupied.  But you can upgrade the existing hard drivers if you wish

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.