Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

HP Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have no space on my Windows (C:) Disk.  I only ever downloaded iTunes and I have no personal files.  Everything that is on the disk came with the computer.  I have tried Disk Cleanup multiple times, but it never deletes enough. I have deleted most of the apps that came with the computer, tried compressing the files, and even moving some of the files to a flashdrive.  Nothing has worked at all.  The only files on it are inetpub, Intel, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files(x86), Users, and Windows.  I am at a complete loss at what I should do.  I can't download my free subscription of Office nor can I download Windows 10 because of this issue.  Right now I have 83.9 MB of free space, but that is constantly changing.  Any advice or help would  be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
aritex Top Student
Top Student
4 3 1 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

It is possible your Disk Drive is corrupted or  you have hidden partitions.

To check and see if you have any hidden partitions download a program called: EaseUS Partition Master:

http://www.partition-tool.com/landing/home-download.htm

Once you have installed that open it up and click "Launch Application"

a new Window will appear, it is safe to close the other window.

If you have 1 disk drive you may see several partitions but what you should look for is under the File System Tab

you may see "Unallocated" if you see this you will need to find your C partition, right click your C partition and click

Resize/Move Partition, from there you will want to increase your Partitiion size as much as you can.

If this does not fix the problem I would recommend reformating your entire Disk with a clean install of your Favorite OS.

If this does not work then contact whom you bought your computer from about returning your computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
meleva1997 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

I tried what you said, but it won't let me increase the size anymore than it already is, so that won't work.  How would I go about reformating my entire disk? Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
12,390 11,182 436 813
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

@meleva1997 wrote:

I tried what you said, but it won't let me increase the size anymore than it already is, so that won't work.  How would I go about reformating my entire disk? Thank you for your help!

Do this in Explorer windows do a Properties on your HDD and post that screen shot then we can see what is going on. And it could be a failing HDD as well causing this loose of Space.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
meleva1997 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

Screenshot (3).png

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
12,390 11,182 436 813
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

First to start your message first post shows you have 8.1 and now your screen shot you have windows 10? So are we talking about 10 or 8.1 here? Also your C: drive shows it's only 22GB big? What is the actual drive size do you have? It doesn't show a 😧 drive or hidden parition as your Win10 most likely wiped everything clean. And there isn't such thing as a backup image of previous drive showing as the HDD size is till only showing 22GB? So there seems to be alot of unanswered questions there from seeing the screen shot and what you first posted what O/S you were using?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
meleva1997 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

I am using 8.1.  It is asking me to download Windows 10, but I don't have enough space for it.  Also, the laptop advertised as having 32 GB, but it appears that I didn't actually get that.  I went to HP Support and went on a chat with an employee who tried to help me figure out what is happening.  She went in and deleted iTunes and emptied my recyling bin, which were the only things I had on here.  That only cleared up 2 GB. She told me that was all she could do.  I don't understand how the OS could be taking up 20 GB.  And I don't understand why it advertised as having 32 GB of storage, when I only have 2 GB to use.

0 Kudos
Student_13 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

I am experiencing the exact same problem, did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
meleva1997 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

I did not. I just bought an external hard drive and I live with the problem
0 Kudos
Student_13 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no disk space?

So i s it not worth it to pay for hp support? I have deleted basically everything off of my computer so at this point I don't think an external hard drive would even help me.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation