Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to be able to get optimal use out of this Laptop. Gaming/Editing, etc.

Thank you for any advice in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

We need the model number of the laptop to lay out your upgrade options. Likely storage will be all you can do after memory (maybe an ssd); cpu and gpu most likely not

HP Recommended

model#: 14-dq0002dx

HP Recommended

Nothing else to upgrade; probably. The storage is an eMMC module 64 gigs but the motherboard has an M.2 slot and the eMMC is not soldered on. It's possible you could install a larger, faster NVME M.2 SSD. However, you have a very very weak Celeron processor which is permanently soldered onto the motherboard. It is going to severely restrict what the laptop can do. No upgrade can be done to processor or video. 

HP Recommended

Probably? Could you direct me to where I might find the answer? Does the mother board for HP 14-dq0002dx support PCIe Gen 3 or Gen 4? As it's my understanding it's necessary to handle the NVMe M.2 SSD.

HP Recommended

The Manual gives no specific information. The motherboard PCIe bus will be gen 3. HP has not yet made a Gen 4 laptop. The only issue is whether the M.2 slot on that board can accept an NVME M.2. If the eMMC module is a removeable M.2 form factor disk I am going to say it can but you will find no official word on it without trying it I am sorry to say. Keep in mind we here do not work for HP.

HP Recommended

Your advice is greatly appreciated. I didn't know you didn't wok for HP. That's interesting. Just volunteering your time? IF so, then a BIG thank you!

So, I would have to open up the back cover, look and see if the M.2 slot will accept an NVME M.2? Here goes nothing. 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Pretty much it. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.