Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Energy star hp 15 ba004ds

I hit the bottom right side of the laptop like directly to the right of the mouse pad and now the screen is blank but it still turns on and the screen can still activate

(Got what i deserved) but i really want to know what i hit so i can get it fixed

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Clapman 

You are presuming that all you did was damage some component directly under the spot you hit -- when in fact, you could have caused really major damage including such items as crashing the drive, cracking the motherboard, cracking traces to video chip and controller chips on the system board -- and the list goes on and on.

You would require this to be disassembled and examined by a service technician to determine the extend of the damage and even IF the laptop can be repaired.

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

If that link does not provide you sufficient information, then use the main HP link:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I've found those links to be unreliable if you're using Win10 and the new Edge Browser; so if you are, you need to use something else, like FireFox.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I suggest you connect an external monitor and see if that works.  As previously suggested any number of components  could be damaged or the internal monitor connector might simply be knocked loose. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.