Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
J8A22UA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can someone please provide me with information about what kind of CPU I can upgrade my computer with. I have a

HP 15-f010wm Notebook PC 

HP used to have this information, but now they hide all these information from the customer and you can't even chat with anyone for free anymore. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard.

In order to upgrade the processor, the motherboard has to be replaced with one listed in the service manual for your notebook's model series that may come with a better processor.

Chapter 3 of the service manual below, lists the available motherboards with their HP part numbers.

If you plan on doing that, make sure you get a motherboard that contains the windows product key in the BIOS.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763947

HP Recommended

Information is not hidden. I just googled 15-f010wm manuals and found this service manual:

Manual

Look at p. 17, it lists all the available motherboards. In the description of each motherboard a processor is listed. This means the processor is part of the motherboard i.e. permanently soldered on and not removeable. It means your processor cannot be upgraded without replacing the motherboard, which will likely cost at or near what you paid for the laptop. 

Soldering the processor in place allows for a thinner profile and is now the most common design on consumer laptops and nearly universal at the lower end of the spectrum. You could upgrade memory to 8 gb and/or install a solid state drive as the avaialble performance upgrades. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed, even if not exactly what you hoped to hear.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.