Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp probook 440 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is showing this while performing hard disk test and it's lagging too much while I am having AntiVirus. Plus whenever I power on , It shows SMART hard disk Error

Hard disk (301) 

IMG_20200621_163358.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since the PC is still working, there is still hope.  Backup important data to different media, not on the same hard drive.  This can be done with imaging software or with an external device.

For that model PC, the specs show the possibility of different hard drive options.  If the hard drive shown in the picture is the only one, then it will be more simple.  If there is a SSD and a hard drive, then somewhat more complicated, but we will see.  The drive identified as drive 1 is failing and needs to be replaced.  Stop using the PC.  If that is the only drive, then after making the image or data backup, replace the drive.  Install Windows and then add the data made in the backup.  If you used imaging, then put the saved image on the new drive and you are back in business.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.