Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having issues upgrading from Windows10 Home to Windows10 Pro

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my Dell desktop without issue, but i get the Windows error message 0X0 when attempting the upgrade on my HP laptop.  I spoke with HP support and they acknowledge that this is a known HP issue but unfortunately my warranty expired 24 days ago.  They suggested I try the chat room

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38205 38025 5806 10094
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having issues upgrading from Windows10 Home to Windows10 Pro

Well you are kind of in luck because I just happened to do this today on my Spectre 13-v laptop. Could not do an in-place upgrade of the factory Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the change Key Code method. Had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home from a Media Creation Tool usb then it would let me do the Key Code change upgrade to a purchased Windows 10 Pro. I used the default Windows 10 Pro Key Code that allowed the upgrade but did not activate then did another Key Code change to the purchased Key Code.  I had made a file history backup of all the files but had to reinstall all apps. Also had to reinstall HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant. Took several hours but ultimately works fine. Should have taken like an hour. 

Default Windows 10 Pro Key Code for upgrade:

https://betanews.com/2015/12/21/upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-pro-using-this-product-key/

The factory HP install would not allow this. The install of Home from the Media Creation Tool USB activated with the embedded factory Key Code but WOULD allow the method outlined above. Go figure. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation