Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840

Hi, I'm looking for a european power cord to 65W Type-C USB-C AC Adapter Charger for HP Product #X7W50AA#ABB. What I heard on HP support line was that this power adapter is offered as complete set and there is no way to buy just a power cord ... Is there any method to get it ?? According to the guy from call centre the cable itself doesn't even have a service number ...

A would appreciate any help from your side guys.

Thanks in advance 

PAwel

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi

Anything like this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-860209-850-original-USB-C-AC-Adapter/dp/B07GXQF4GY?SubscriptionId=AKIAIL...

GIVE the SKU for the PC itself, and what/which country you want it for and which country you are currently in please.

New HP 860209-850 65W USB-C USB Type-C AC Adapter Power Charger

Has a CLOVER leaf to accept another type of cable.

Anything like the attached piccy?

ANY chance of a picture? 

HP Recommended

I live in Europe and go to the states relatively often. 

For that reason, back in 2010 when I received my first HP product loan notebook I needed a European power cable (type C5) for the power adapter. The notebook was delivered with a US power cable and it was useless to me in Europe.

I just went to a second hand shop and  purchased a power cable from an HP printer for about one Euro.

The HP proprietary connector to the printer is the same as the power cable's connection to the power adapter.

It was a cheap and effective solution for me.

The image below shows what you are looking for.  Newer printers and notebook power adapters for Europe use a C5 connector.

power cable.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, that the charger I'm referring to. unfortunately it has unusual socket shape , and regular power cords does not fit. See attached pictures.IMG_0151.jpgIMG_0152.jpg

HP Recommended

Unfortunately regular power cord like on the picture you uploaded does not fit to the shape of the charger socket 😞 

HP Recommended

@Youka wrote:

Unfortunately regular power cord like on the picture you uploaded does not fit to the shape of the charger socket 😞 

Have you tried it?

I took the power adapter with me as I visit second hand shops to source the power cable. The shape of the socket is still for a C5 power plug.

HP power cable part number L03315-019 will fit. Notice the size of the connector plugs that fit into the adapter. The one on the  cable part number L03315-019  is even smaller than the original one.

power adapter connectors.png

Sources for the power cable I found in a Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=HP+L03315-019&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ56nhlaF-pQkg4z5PiwwkFu...:

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Erico, yes I tried to use regular cables. Unfortunately shape of the socket is diffrent. As you see on the picture, the cutoff in central section of the socket is larger then in the cord. The middle pin in the socket is also way thinner ten hole in the plug. wtyczka2.jpg

The cutoffs visible on second picture are also deeper then on regular power cord.

wtyczka3.jpg

HP Recommended

@Enrico

Take a look, here you have comparison of the chargers with regular socket and this unfortunate HP Travel Charger

ładowarki.jpg

HP Recommended

I guess that it should be a cord with such plug:

Screenshot_1.png

But I dont know how to find part no of such cable.

HP Recommended

Hi

If the worst came to the worst I would buy a connector   and or a new UK or EU plug.

Cut the flex and fit a new UK or EU plug about 10 cms from the plug you have.

Knowing that I could rejoin the old pieces with a new connector.

I will try again.

Just bear in mind that Europe has more than 1 plug/socket type, hence my asking what country do you want it for?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.