07-02-2016 07:40 AM
- Generated a Battery Health Report (everything looked good)
- Used HP's 'Support Assistant' Battery Check and it came back "OK".
- Turned on 'Powersave Mode' (this dims the screen even at 100%)
- Reduced the screen brightness to 70% (which really means %50 in power save mode)
- Limited my use to just one program (Microsoft Edge) with super minor use of a few other programs.
- Disabled Cortana.
- Disabled One Drive sync.
- Disabled Desktop Slideshow.
- Disabled notifications
- Disabled desktop "Peek" and all window "snapping" functionality.
- Disabled all auto startup processes services that I knew to be safe to disable. (I disabled things like Bonjour service, google update, microsoft update and adobe update services).
- Went into advanced power options & set the "Maximum Processor Performance" to 60% (this caps it at 1.48GHz)
- Even set the WiFi to "Maximum Battery Savings".
- Then thought "Oh what the hell" and set everything to "Maximum Battery Savings" (things like the GPU, the hard drive, etc).
- Went into the BIOS and disabled the 'eternal flame' LED indicator on the F5 key.
- After exactly 8 hours of use I was down to 14% so I turned off the wifi and dimmed the screen to 30%. This got me another 15 minutes until I reached 10% and at 10% the computer tells me to plug the laptop in imediately (failure to do so shuts down the computer).
My laptop is HP Certified Refurbished. But it came Like New in every respect and the battery life stated it was healthy. So this shouldn't mean anything. It functions fine otherwise, doesn't overheat unless handled improperly.
I contacted HP support and chatted with someone and they said someone would call me back the next day. Never happened.
WHY is the laptop advertised at up to 12.5 hours of battery life when even the most EXTREME and comedically desperate power-saving measures only achieve about 8 hours of use? Is 12.5 hours with the laptop turned off?
I was really hoping to start recording web development tutorials with this and boast about this laptop to my Facebook group for programmers as a great alternative to a mac but a full charge can barely cover a flight to europe (my main reason getting this thing). Is this a defect with the whole line or is something else at play here?
07-03-2016 09:11 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
07-28-2016 05:01 PM
hope you are doing well.
I guess most people get around 7-9 Hours.
I only get around 5 hours with midem usage which is aceptable but wished if it was true as in ads so it can be better than Mac laptops
Wish you all the luck and if you have any helpful info regarding battrey, please advise