Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy dv7 DOX38EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i have tried to obtain a replacement keyboard for my HP ENvy dv7 laptop 7334-ea.

When usiung the hP help site ,i quoted the part number from the laptop and was directed to a suppier . however I was supplied with a part that had the wrong ribbon cable alignment and the locating tabs were in the wrong place and would not fit. that part number was 639396-141.

The existing keyboard has a part number 639396-031. i belive that should be the part I 

need to fit my laptop?

can you help locate the correct part please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you are correct, the part you need is 639396-031 as you can see on page 24 of service manual. It seems nearly impossible to find from resellers or online.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03591253

What you could do is use the USA one which is more easy to find online (such as ebay) part number 681980-001

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

how can i be certain that the ribbon connector will be aligned in exactly the  right posiotion?

Since it costs about £80 to fit i need to be right this time.

And if the US keyboard you mention (681980-001 ) why does the 681980-031 UK version not fit  also?

or is the uK version out of supply now?c

can you send a photo of the ribbon connector so I can compare ?

Thanks alot

HP Recommended

I posted a further query about the keyboard which you recommended for my laptop. Are you able to provide any information which will be helpful on this please? Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Is anyone able to answer the query about a replace ment keyboard for my HP Envy dv7 - 7334ea. I am told that the US version 681980-001 could fit but I would like to be certain before buying and trying to fit it. Has anyone hgot a photo of the ribbon connector position  since this is crucial?

Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.