Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I will start from how it all started, I was installing a software and I realized I need to make some changes in my laptop bios, on entering the bios menu, I was met with a bios password which I knew nothing of, I bought my pc second hand use because of my part being Africa, so there’s chance’s someone might have put it there, maybe the first user. So I guess I should do a reset, I checked online and only follow the one that said removing of battery, and the cmos battery, I followed the guidelines for removing the two batteries and holding on power botton for 15 seconds, after doing that and trying to on my pc, I met with a checksum invalid message the message goes like this “ 

The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS Setup options to see if they change.

CMOS Reset (502)

ENTER - Reboot the system“.

after the reboot the password was still there so I tried updating the bios software but it didn’t work because of the password require to finish the update which I didn’t know. That’s when I realized the greater issue, my laptop stopped charging, the percentage remain at 0. And I’ve tried everything online to make it charge but it isn’t working, I find it very uncomfortable and disturbed, I’ve tried uninstalling the two battery drivers, it’s not working, I’ve tried every other step too in resetting the bios none has work till present, except for the one that has to do with bin file from hp directory but I didn’t even get any response to requests for it and I’m not sure I can handle that steps, I have no money to take my pc to a physician as things are very hard in my country(NIGERIA) I only bought the pc to start something off online.

i don’t know what else to do, I tried the bios reset and recovery by pressing the window key and letter b or V, it didn’t work at all the pc remain blank on every try out. I tried making a battery test with the Hardware Diagnostics but it end up getting cancelled by itself, I don’t know why, some tests that I run say my battery and adapter ac is ok while some tests didn’t even get to the end as they got canceled by itself, I installed some other uefi diagnostics test by pressing f2 when the laptop is still booting but the test did not run it got stopped, I don’t know what else to do but if I won’t be able to fix the bios I’m not bothered I will find other means to use the laptop like that but the battery percentage and charging issue is giving so much concern as I can’t rely on using the electric power here, it’s not constant. Please someone should help me with any directive, I’m hanged. Remember I’ve done almost every possible stuff I came up with online so be sure of what you will be guiding me to do, thanks you all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.