Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ayoo9dx (LAPTOP-NDHO5Q14 )
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am upgrading my HDD and replacing it with and SSD and moving the HDD to the optical drive so need to be sure what size the optical drive so I can purchase the correct size caddy for the HDD.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

I would suspect that only you know that.

Is it one of these...  HP 15-ay000 Notebook PC series

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series/10862300

It is possible that the HDD fitted could vary in thickness from 7mm to 9.5mm and therefore may not be suitable.

So can you give more specific model number etc.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The optical drive is 9.5mm so that is the caddy you will need.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.